Tuesday, March 27, 2007

on a less funny note

I know, two entries in one day. *shrug* weird.

I got an email today from one of my bosses and he mentioned an event that will be taking place on good friday. He mention this by writing "(blah blah blah) ... which would be 'good friday'". I was pretty struck by this. I was like, wow, right ... it doesn't mean much to a lot of people.

And then I began to wonder about how much it means to me. What does Easter, REALLY, personally mean to me? I know what it should be, but there are many years that I don't give it really any thought beyond tradition ... or candy and friends.

I was thinking today about what it means to have God, Jesus, as a friend? How do I define a friend? How do I define Him as a friend? The song, "More than a Friend" has been in my heart since Sunday and I can't figure it out. I guess I use to consider God my friend. Now it is easier for me to think of Him as God or King ... but ... really ... maybe more like "idol" than anything else. Like something that can be controlled and/or ignored rather than worshiped and obeyed.

It irritates me that the dynamics never stay the same. If you asked me four years ago about this I would have had an answer. But I guess thats what makes it real.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Megumi said...

I seem to have less and less definite answers to everything in life....

I'm slowly getting to know God the Father. God as a friend is a hard concept to capture for me at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home