Thursday, June 22, 2006

a lifetime of learning

Speaking with others about my faith not only is encouraging, but very humbling. It can be intimidating for me to speak about worldview, many times because I am not as familiar as I would like to be with the mindset/concepts/ideals that go along with particular ones. I find myself listening and really being amazed at how little I know. It motivates me to learn all I can about other religions and/or cultures: the foundations on which they were formed, their political ramifications, the major players, their tenets of faith/reasoning and the current state it is in. I would like to model Jesus and Paul in their approach to speaking about Truth. I want to first of all be humble and loving, but then I want to understand the point of contact and the felt need/dissonance so I can relate with knowledge and be sensitive/discerning about what is most central to the person to whom I am speaking.


I randomly came across this great article about Christian maturity and follow-up (everything from Urbana is great).

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to want to expand your mindset, kemosabe. there were a lot of backslashes in this blog. boo-yah.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger K2 in A2 said...

haha, blackslashes help me express myself! Sometimes one word just doesn't cut it.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://indexmachine.info/919.html or http://google-index.info/1056.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home